Find gas pipeline projects
Explore the interactive map below to learn more about our current pipeline replacement projects. Type your address into the address field to find projects near you and click on the highlighted streets to reveal details about the work. Please continue to check back for new projects, as well as updates on ongoing or planned pipeline projects. Learn more about our plan.
- Will there be any interruption in my gas service?
At some point, the gas to your home will have to be turned off for a short period of time (usually less than four hours). An appointment will be made with you prior to any interruption.
- Does the gas service line in my property have to be replaced?
Yes, unless the service line was recently replaced with plastic pipe and the meter is located outside your home.
- If my meter is moved outside, where will it be located?
In most cases, the meter will be located on the side of the home near the front of the residence. CenterPoint Energy also will attempt to keep the meter outside of any fenced areas.
- Who should I contact to set an appointment for work at my property?
There is no need to contact anyone. A CenterPoint Energy representative will contact you to schedule work.
- Do I need to be at home when the work is being done?
No, but you may have to coordinate with a CenterPoint Energy representative to gain access to your property to perform service work, including relighting your natural gas appliances.
- Will traffic be blocked on my street?
Yes. There may be times equipment will temporarily block the street, but crews will be present to move it to allow you to pass.
- Will this project affect my yard/landscape, street or sidewalks?
Possibly - depending on the work required and the location of the new gas main. Prior to beginning, your yard will be assessed to aid in performing the proper restoration upon completion. Weather permitting, restoration is completed as soon as feasible after the completion of the job.
- What action do I take if I'm not the property owner?
Please forward this information to the property owner. An appointment will still need to be made with you to coordinate the work at your residence.
What can you expect during the pipeline work?
The work on individual mains usually takes one to two weeks, and service work usually takes an additional one to two weeks, though some may be performed concurrently on a project. However, the gas to your home will only have to be turned off for a short period of time (usually less than four hours).
After your service line has been replaced or upgraded and you are connected to the new line, a CenterPoint Energy representative will relight your applicable natural gas appliances. Weather permitting, restoration will begin as soon as feasible after completing work in a given location. Affected lawn areas, sidewalks and pavement will be restored to original condition as best as possible.
- Lawn areas will include leveling the ground and sowing grass seed.
- Where sidewalk is affected, the area will be secured until final repair is made.
- Where pavement is affected, a temporary fill will be placed in the hole or a steel plate will be placed over the hole for safety purposes until final pavement is placed.
NOTE: After we have restored your property, we need your help in watering this area every few days, so your grass will grow properly. It usually takes several weeks for the grass to fill in the affected area. Keep units free of leaves and needles.